Requirements of Oral Presentations
The oral presentation is worth 20 percent of your grade. The purpose of the presentation is to ensure you become an expert on your specific reading, to work with a smaller group to understand the global significance of the reading and to engage with your classmates and professor on all of the readings.
These are not intended to give the professor time off, to ensure one group member takes on the burden for his/her peers or to enable a small group of students to talk for an entire class period.
* Presentations should be between 15-30 minutes long in total
* Include a handout/visual prompt for the class, as well as the professor, that you post to this site (Email them to the professor the day before and she can post it)
* Briefly summarize the reading – but make the assumption everyone has completed it. In other words, highlight key terms and concepts you feel should be noted, but don’t give us a play-by-play
* Invent discussion questions, and/or connect the reading to current events, historical discussions/arguments, etc.
* Form a collective opinion about the topic and support the opinion before the class. (You may use supplemental readings or other multimedia)
Leave a Reply.